AIA Atlanta Presents AIA + 2030 Professional Series
AIA Atlanta & IFMA Atlanta, along with USGBC, ASHRAE,The City of Atlanta, Sustainable Atlanta and BOMA, are proud to offer the AIA+2030 Professional Series. This is the first program in the nation that teaches design professionals and building management specific ways to reduce carbon emissions. We hope this series will become a ‘best practice’ that other cities can replicate for their own local communities.
The AIA+2030 Professional Series helps design professionals create buildings that meet the ambitious energy efficiency goals of the 2030 Challenge. Ten, 4-hour sessions offer strategies to reach 100% reduction in fossil fuel greenhouse gas emissions, giving design professionals the knowledge and leverage to create next-generation, super-efficient buildings—and provide firms with the skills that will set them apart in the marketplace. 40 hours of AIA, sustainable continuing education credit and 40 hours of GBCI continuing education credit is available.
Many talk about pursuing ‘sustainability’ and ‘green’ practices, but it is hard to distinguish talk from action. The AIA+2030 Professional Education Series provides tools, not just theory. These tools have been shown to make a direct impact and the more architects are trained to do this work; the closer we are to reducing the impact of climate change.
There is often a divide, real or perceived, between environmentally-minded solutions and the economy. This program makes a direct link to how a profession can make a positive impact on the most significant environmental challenge we face today. By focusing on how a profession can make a difference beyond actions of individuals, we can reach our goal much faster while boosting the economy.
2012 SERIES (All sessions held from 12:30pm – 5pm at ASHRAE Headquarters,1791 Tullie Circle NE, Atlanta, GA 30329):
- June 6 The 2030 Challenge®: Energy Goals and Integrated Design
- July 11 The Power of Targets & Load Reduction
- August 1 Accentuate the Positive – Climate Responsive Design
- September 5 Skins: The Importance of the Thermal Envelope
- October 3 Passively Aggressive: Employing Passive Systems for Load Reduction
- November 7 Illuminating Savings: Daylighting and Integrated Lighting Strategies
- December 5 Right-sized: Equipment and Controls for Super-Efficient Building System
- January 9 Site Power: Renewable Energy Opportunities
- February 6 The Hand-off + Staying in Shape: Operations, Maintenance + Education
- March 6 Putting It All Together: Achieving 2030 Goals On The Project & The Office
Cost for the 10-session package:
- $800 AIA, IFMA, ASHRAE, BOMA, USGBC members
- $1000 Non-members
The series includes all 10 sessions. These sessions are AIA LU approved and we are working towards GBCI approval. The total series offers 40 AIA LU’s
We will be offering A La Carte pricing as well, with Members paying $95.00 per session and non-members paying $125 per session.
LEARNING UNITS: 40LU/40HSW/40SD for the series (4LU/4HSW/4SD per class).
Find out more information and register at the AIA+2030 Professional Education Series Website