One of the questions I get asked most is, “How do I get the most out of my IFMA membership?” The answer is simple: get involved. Regardless of your membership type, professional, associate or student, involvement is key. The best way to get the most of out of your membership is to put the most into it.
Sure you can just join and say you’re an IFMA member but who does that benefit? Not you and not your company. But, if you join and become involved, everyone benefits. Membership is rewarding in that it:
- Provides you with a network of professional contacts
- Provides an avenue to further your education
- Acts as a source for industry information
- Allows you to gain exposure
- Allows you to gain experience
There are many things you can do to get involved & enhance your experience with IFMA. I have compiled a short list below of ways you can become involved:
- Join a committee or offer to help with one program/luncheon if you can’t commit a lot of time
- Host a board meeting
- Attend a luncheon, tour, special event, etc.
- Attend World Workplace
- Volunteer to be a mentor
- Become a Sustaining Patron
- Write an article for the newsletter
- Post relevant articles on social media
- Join a council
There are many more ways to become involved. Please feel free to reach out to myself or any of the Board members or committee chairs for more information.
I invite you to attend the New Member/Guest Breakfast to find out more about how to get involved. The event will be held on November 4 at 7:30am. Check the website for more details and to register. The event is FREE to attend and will include breakfast.
As always, I am here to serve you and your Chapter. I welcome your comments, feedback and suggestions. Have a fantastic September and GET INVOLVED!!