IFMA Foundation is seeking scholarship applications judges.
The IFMA Foundation is seeking your time, talent, and energy to judge scholarship applications. We need experienced facility managers and professionals within the built environment to judge applicants of the IFMA Foundation Scholarship. Since 1991, the IFMA Foundation, IFMA chapters, IFMA Councils, and the wider FM Community has globally awarded approximately $1.7 million USD (circa £1.3m) to 548 students seeking higher education in facility management.
What does it mean to judge scholarship applications?
- Notice the education year of each applicant. We ask judges to base their scoring on the years of experience of applicants. For example, a first-year college/university student will not have the experience of a PhD seeking student.
- Review, evaluate and score a minimum of five (5) scholarship applications
- A scoresheet is provided to complete for each applicant. Judges are encouraged to include impressions in the comment section of the scoresheet. The selection committee relies heavily on the judges scores and comments when reviewing choices.
- All score cards need to be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
- If you know of other experienced professionals who might be interested in becoming a judge, please forward this email to those individuals
- Please contact Christina Gonzales, Program Support Specialist, if you have the availability to review, evaluate, and score additional applicants.
How do I become a judge?
- Send an email to Christina Gonzales, email@example.com, with “I want to be a 2019 scholarship judge” in the subject line. Make sure to include contact information.
The scholarship judging schedule deadline is important. The scholarship selections committee is slated to meet the week of July 13, 2020. Foundation staff will need ample time to consolidate and distribute final scores for the scholarship sponsors to review. The quicker staff can compile and distribute results the more selection volunteers will have to review applicants.
We are expecting a minimum of 80 applicants, with the possibility of more. Your help is needed. I look forward to hearing from you.
Program Support Specialist
800 Gessner Road, Suite #900
Houston, Texas 77024-4257