The purpose of IFMA Atlanta’s Education Committee is to:
- Provide Educational Opportunities or access to Educational Opportunities to the Chapter membership
- Promote the Certified Facility Manager (CFM) designation, The Facility Manager Professional (FMP) designation and Sustainable Facility Professional (SFP) designation
- To offer study groups, CFM or SFP Exam Review classes and Educational Programs aligned to the eleven (11) Core Competencies
- To form the IFMA Atlanta Continuing Education Commission to ensure that educational offerings qualify for Continuing Education credit by reviewing the Learning Objectives, the course outline and the anticipated learning outcomes. Members will include the Vice President of Professional Development plus the Chairpersons of three of the sub-committees under the Professional Development umbrella.
- To form an Audit Committee to review the work of the Education Commission on an annual basis to assure compliance with guidelines. The Audit Committee is made up of the President and the Vice-President of the Chapter and a representative of the faculty of the FM Accredited Degree Program at Georgia Tech or Kennesaw State.
- To provide support for the Chapter’s bi-annual Atlanta Work Place, ensuring that the educational offerings qualify for CFM Maintenance Points and IACET Continuing Education Units.