Letter from the President (July, 2014)
IFMA Atlanta Members:
Thank you for giving me the opportunity to serve as your chapter president this year. I have derived so much personal and professional benefit from this organization, and I look forward to giving something back and contributing to its operation and growth for the 2014/15 year.
As Vice President, I advocated for a few changes that will begin this July. These include
- Lowering the cost of monthly luncheons from $45 to $30 per event.
- Making a deal with Maggiano’s at Cumberland to hold our monthly lunch-time meetings there (with the exception of the December holiday luncheon). This is a restaurant with ample parking, and that’s fairly easy to get to from the freeway.
Some of my goals for the coming year include:
- Holding a class for people studying for their Certified Facility Manager (CFM) designation.
- Developing guidelines for a Facility Management internship program that can be a resource for small Facility Management departments.
- Engaging you – our members – and doing what I can to help you make the most out of your membership.
If you have ideas, questions, or just want to talk – please contact me. My e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org and my phone number is 404-885-3557. I’m looking forward to serving you this year.
Joseph Geierman, CFM, FMP
President, Atlanta Chapter of IFMA