Career Services – We Bring People and Jobs Together
The IFMA Atlanta Chapter’s Career Management Committee is committed to assisting members sustain and enhance their careers through increasing competencies, networking, and attempting to connect our members with jobs matching their skills. If you are an employer looking for facility management professionals – on either a full-time or temporary “on-call” basis, please click on ‘Temporary Facility Managers’ (shown below) to view potential candidates.
The Career Management Committee is happy to provide the following services to Facility Managers:
- Local Job Listings – a job board providing links to local and regional facility management jobs. The job board is open to both IFMA members and non-members alike.
- FM Job Club – a virtual networking community of FM job seekers who receive notifications of job openings.
- Temporary Facility Managers – submit your resume to the Career Management Committee for inclusion in our directory of facility management professionals who are available for short-term contract work. This directory will be shared with employers who may have a short-term need for contractors with facility management skills. Only IFMA members may submit their resumes to the On Call Facility Managers program.
- Career Coaching – if you are an IFMA member, you qualify for a no-cost, career coaching session with Joe Carroll, a certified career management coach. To schedule an appointment, send an email to Joe@istmanagement.com. Please note, this is only offered to IFMA members.
- Certified Facility Management Review Course – IFMA Atlanta hosts review courses on even years. Call or email for more information or visit IFMA Atlanta home page frequently for timely announcements.
- Career Mentoring Program – Facility Managers share their knowledge with students and young professionals in a mutually beneficial relationship. Learn about the program here. Learn about becoming a mentee here.
In addition to the resources listed above, we are happy to provide our members with the following links to national resources:
- Certification – information from IFMA’s national organization on getting your designation as either a Certified Facility Manager or Facility Management Professional.
- Online Learning – a list of online classes offered by IFMA
- Tools and Resources – Papers and other facility management research done by IFMA
- Facility Management Bookstore – IFMA’s online bookstore
- IFMA’s JobNet – a national facility management job board run by IFMA’s national organization.